IDEAL has the winning combination of being a new start-up keen to establish a reputation of professionalism and excellence. The lead consultants and trainers that comprise IDEAL’s team ensure our customers access to an extensive and diverse set of experiences in virtually all socio-economic and corporate development fields.
IDEAL is supported in part by the Synergos, the Arab World Social Innovators Program. For more information, please see http://www.synergos.org/socialinnovators/
IDEAL’s Contributions Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following:
• Supporting the local community to develop 65 km of trail through the Northern Highlands (Ajloun).
• As a result of supporting the marketing operators of tour operators, 3,000 international and local tourists walked in Jordan in 2009, and 4,000 walked in 2010.
• 35 Local families received support and are now earning income from providing services to tourists including; food, guiding and home-stay.
• Solid foundation of institutional and civil society support (2 Community Based Organizations are operating as reservation centers).
• Team of expert partners, volunteers, and staff now working on projects.
• Youth walks and international exchange walks are taking place in cooperation Jordanian tour operators.
• Community outreach work in villages resulting in active local support and ownership of trails.
IDEAL Provides For Clients In Two Main Areas:
1. Community-Based Tourism: Through its partnership with an initiative supported by Harvard University, IDEAL has helped develop and launch new tourism services in the form of trails in the Ajloun area in Jordan. IDEAL’s services cover selecting tracks; producing information materials on the selected tracks; training community members as service providers and marketing products/packages.
IDEAL is currently partnering with other development agencies and sponsors to sustain and expand the new products/services, and is currently discussing possible areas for cooperation with community-based services outside Jordan.
2. Providing consulting, training and facilitation services in the following areas:
• Socio-Economic Development
• Participatory Appraisal
• Community Participation, Empowerment and Development
• Strategic and Business Planning
• Marketing and Market Research
• Human resources Management and Development
• Organizational Development: Needs Assessment, Excellence and Mobilization
• Business Start Ups and Business Development
• Soft Skills: Time Management, Communication, Conflict Management and Team Building
• Feasibility Studies
• Fund Raising and Proposals Writing
• Facilitation of Group-Based Events
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Gender and Youth
IDEAL’s team has extensive experience in most of the Middle East and North Africa, and has served an impressive list of clients over the years, including:
• International and regional development agencies such as the World Bank, UN (and its various institutions), European Union
• National development and donor agencies such as the USAID, GTZ, KFW, CIDA and JICA amongst others
• Governmental agencies
• NGO’s, CBO’s and civil society institutions
• Private sector
IDEAL assures its customers of its ability to provide the right mix of expertise to best serve their needs in terms of providing optimal, customer-specific solutions that respond to actual situations in a timely manner. IDEAL’s approach focuses on:
• Enhancing the active involvement of its clients in the implementation of the various assignments through the studied application of the principles of “Process Consultancy”, “Participatory Approach” and “Transactional/Transformational Learning.”
• Enhancing ownership of the analysis and the solutions resulting from these assignments. We pride ourselves on efficiently and effectively working as “Process Consultants” which allows us to build on the existing knowledge and skills of our partners, and allows us the flexibility of working across various sectors.